Hazel is a nature-inspired name that represents wisdom, creativity, and growth. If you’re thinking of adding a touch of cuteness to your child’s name, there are plenty of options to consider. You could go for a classic middle name for Hazel like Elizabeth or Ann or choose a more unique one. You could also pick a name that has a special meaning to you or your family.
Origin of the Name Hazel
Hazel is a name that has stood the test of time, with a rich history and meaning behind it. Derived from the Old English word “haesel,” which refers to the hazel tree, this name has been passed down through generations and continues to be a popular choice for parents today. The hazel tree, native to Europe and Asia, was once regarded as a magical tree associated with wisdom and protection.
The Popularity of the Name Hazel
Hazel is a nature-inspired name that has been around for centuries but has been rising in popularity in recent years. According to the Social Security Administration, the name Hazel ranked as the 28th most popular name for girls in 2021.
The name Hazel has been used in popular culture as well. In John Green’s novel “The Fault in Our Stars,” the character Hazel Grace Lancaster brought the name into the spotlight. Additionally, the actress Hazel-Eyez from the reality TV show “Love and Hip Hop Hollywood,” has contributed to the name’s rising popularity.
160 Cute Middle Names for Hazel
Nature-Themed Middle Names to Go with Hazel
Adding a nature-inspired middle name to Hazel could be a way to infuse a deeper meaning and connection to the natural world. It could also serve as a nod to the beauty and power of nature, reminding us of our place within it.
- Hazel Rose: Rose symbolizes love, passion, and beauty.
- Hazel Willow: Willow represents flexibility, strength, and resilience.
- Hazel Skye: Skye is a beautiful and serene name that evokes the vastness and tranquility of the sky.
- Hazel Jade: Jade is a precious stone that signifies harmony, balance, and healing.
- Hazel Fern: Fern represents growth, renewal, and vitality.
- Hazel Autumn: Autumn represents change, transformation, and harvest.
- Hazel River: River symbolizes flow, movement, and life.
- Hazel Laurel: Laurel is a symbol of victory, achievement, and honor.
- Hazel Clover: Clover represents luck, prosperity, and good fortune.
- Hazel Blossom: Blossom represents new beginnings, growth, and beauty.
- Hazel Cedar: Cedar symbolizes strength, protection, and wisdom.
- Hazel Meadow: Meadow represents open space, freedom, and natural beauty.
- Hazel Phoenix: Phoenix symbolizes rebirth, renewal, and immortality.
- Hazel Ocean: Ocean represents vastness, depth, and mystery.
- Hazel Aspen: Aspen symbolizes strength, courage, and endurance.
- Hazel Sage: Sage represents wisdom, clarity, and intuition.
- Hazel Magnolia: Magnolia symbolizes beauty, purity, and dignity.
- Hazel Dahlia: Dahlia represents grace, elegance, and inner strength.
- Hazel Lark: Lark represents freedom, joy, and lightness.
- Hazel Poppy: Poppy represents beauty, happiness, and success.
Vintage Middle Names that Sound Great with Hazel
Vintage names are classic and timeless, and they have a charm that can’t be matched by modern names. Using a vintage middle name for Hazel can be a way to honor a family member or a beloved ancestor.
- Hazel Mae: Mae means “bitter.”
- Hazel Eleanor: Eleanor means “bright, shining one.”
- Hazel Louisa: Louisa means “renowned warrior.”
- Hazel Viola: Viola means “violet,” and was a popular name in the early 20th century.
- Hazel Josephine: Josephine means “God will increase.”
- Hazel Lorraine: Lorraine means “from the region of Lorraine.”
- Hazel Beatrice: Beatrice means “bringer of joy.”
- Hazel Adeline: Adeline means “noble.”
- Hazel Charlotte: Charlotte means “free man.”
- Hazel Edith: Edith means “prosperous in war.”
- Hazel Pearl: Pearl represents the birthstone for June.
- Hazel Rosalind: Rosalind means “pretty rose.”
- Hazel Irene: Irene means “peace.”
- Hazel Estelle: Estelle means “star.”
- Hazel Dorothea: Dorothea means “gift of God.”
- Hazel Florence: Florence means “flourishing.”
- Hazel Alberta: Alberta means “bright nobility.”
- Hazel Winifred: Winifred means “blessed peace.”
- Hazel Gwendolyn: Gwendolyn means “white ring.”
- Hazel Marjorie: Marjorie means “pearl.”
Literary-Inspired Middle Names to Go with Hazel
Choosing a literary-inspired middle name for Hazel is a great way to pay homage to your favorite literary heroes and heroines.
- Hazel Bronte: Bronte refers to the famous Bronte sisters, who were renowned for their contribution to literature.
- Hazel Austen: Austen is inspired by the author Jane Austen, known for her romantic novels set in the Georgian and Regency periods.
- Hazel Eliot: Eliot is a reference to George Eliot, the pen name of Mary Ann Evans, who was an English novelist, poet, and journalist.
- Hazel Dickinson: Dickinson refers to the famous poet Emily Dickinson, who was known for her unique style and unconventional use of language.
- Hazel Fitzgerald: Fitzgerald is inspired by the American novelist F. Scott Fitzgerald, who was famous for his depiction of the Jazz Age.
- Hazel Hemingway: Hemingway is a reference to Ernest Hemingway, the American novelist and short story writer known for his concise and straightforward prose.
- Hazel Morrison: Morrison is inspired by the Nobel Prize-winning novelist Toni Morrison, who was known for her exploration of black identity and the African American experience.
- Hazel Orwell: Orwell refers to the English author George Orwell, who was famous for his satirical and dystopian novels.
- Hazel Steinbeck: Steinbeck is inspired by the American novelist John Steinbeck, known for his social commentary and realistic portrayals of life in the American West.
- Hazel Wilde: Wilde is a reference to the Irish poet and playwright Oscar Wilde, known for his wit and artistic contributions to the Victorian era.
- Hazel Alcott: Alcott is inspired by the American author Louisa May Alcott, known for her classic novel “Little Women” and her commitment to women’s rights.
- Hazel Carroll: Carroll refers to the English author Lewis Carroll, known for his whimsical and imaginative works such as “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.”
- Hazel Dostoevsky: Dostoevsky is a reference to the Russian novelist Fyodor Dostoevsky, known for his exploration of the human psyche and morality.
- Hazel Hawthorne: Hawthorne is inspired by the American author Nathaniel Hawthorne, known for his dark romanticism and his novel “The Scarlet Letter.”
- Hazel Kipling: Kipling refers to the English author and poet Rudyard Kipling, known for his stories and poems about British colonialism and his famous work “The Jungle Book.”
- Hazel Poe: Poe is inspired by the American author and poet Edgar Allan Poe, known for his tales of mystery and the macabre.
- Hazel Shakespeare: Shakespeare is a reference to the English playwright and poet William Shakespeare, known for his iconic works such as “Romeo and Juliet” and “Hamlet.”
- Hazel Shelley: Shelley refers to the English Romantic poet Percy Bysshe Shelley, known for his radical political views and his poem “Ozymandias.”
- Hazel Tolstoy: Tolstoy is a reference to the Russian author Leo Tolstoy, known for his literary works such as “War and Peace” and his views on nonviolent resistance.
- Hazel Woolf: Woolf is inspired by the English author Virginia Woolf, known for her feminist and modernist works such as “Mrs. Dalloway.”
Celestial-Inspired Middle Names for Hazel
If you’re interested in astronomy and space exploration, you might like the list of possible middle names for Hazel below.
- Hazel Celestia: Celestia means “heavenly, of the sky.”
- Hazel Estelle: Estelle means “star.”
- Hazel Aurora: Aurora means “dawn.”
- Hazel Luna: Luna means “moon.”
- Hazel Astra: Astra means “star.”
- Hazel Nebula: Nebula means “cloud of gas and dust in space.”
- Hazel Vega: Vega refers to the bright star in the Lyra constellation.
- Hazel Cassiopeia: Cassiopeia refers to the constellation in the northern sky.
- Hazel Orion: Orion refers to the constellation named after a hunter in Greek mythology.
- Hazel Andromeda: Andromeda refers to the constellation named after a princess in Greek mythology.
- Hazel Solstice: Solstice refers to the time when the sun is farthest from the equator.
- Hazel Nova: Nova means “new star,” which refers to a star that suddenly increases in brightness.
- Hazel Comet: Comet refers to a celestial object composed of ice and dust that orbits around the sun.
- Hazel Zenith: Zenith refers to the highest point in the sky directly above an observer.
- Hazel Phoenix: Phoenix refers to a mythical bird associated with the sun and rebirth.
- Hazel Sirius: Sirius is the brightest star in the sky and is located in the Canis Major constellation.
- Hazel Lyra: Lyra refers to a small constellation in the northern sky.
- Hazel Perseus: Perseus refers to the constellation named after a hero in Greek mythology.
- Hazel Capella: Capella refers to the brightest star in the Auriga constellation.
- Hazel Corona: Corona means “crown” and refers to the outermost layer of the sun’s atmosphere.
Music-Inspired Middle Names for Hazel
Choosing a music-inspired middle name for Hazel can be a way to honor a beloved musician or genre. It can also add a unique and creative touch to her name, distinguishing her from others with the same first name.
- Hazel Aria: Aria means “song” in Italian.
- Hazel Cadence: Cadence refers to the rhythm or flow of music, and can also mean a sequence of chords or notes.
- Hazel Harmony: Harmony refers to the combination of different notes or sounds that are pleasing to the ear.
- Hazel Lyric: A lyric is a set of words that are set to music, often expressing strong emotions or telling a story.
- Hazel Melody: A melody is a series of notes that make up a recognizable tune or theme.
- Hazel Sonata: A sonata is a classical composition usually written for a solo instrument, often with multiple movements.
- Hazel Tempo: Tempo refers to the speed at which a piece of music is played, and can also refer to the pace or rhythm of a particular activity.
- Hazel Serenade: A serenade is a musical composition usually performed outdoors, often as a romantic gesture or tribute to someone.
- Hazel Rhapsody: A rhapsody is a complex and varied musical composition, often characterized by improvisation and a free-flowing structure.
- Hazel Dorian: Dorian is a musical mode or scale, often associated with ancient Greek music and used in many different styles of music throughout history.
- Hazel Allegra: Allegra is an Italian word that means “lively” or “cheerful,” and it is also the name of a popular musical composition by the composer Antonio Vivaldi.
- Hazel Caprice: Caprice is a musical term that means a “whimsical or playful piece of music.”
- Hazel Chanson: Chanson is a French word that means “song,” and it is often used to refer to a type of French song that is popular in the cabaret and music hall traditions.
- Hazel Largo: Largo is an Italian word that means “slow and stately,” and it is often used to describe a particular tempo or speed of the music.
- Hazel Minuet: A minuet is a type of dance that was popular in the Baroque era, and it is often used as a musical composition with a stately, elegant rhythm.
- Hazel Ode: An ode is a type of poem that is often set to music, and it is characterized by its elevated language and formal structure.
- Hazel Prelude: A prelude is a short musical composition that is usually played at the beginning of a larger work, such as an opera or symphony.
- Hazel Rondo: A rondo is a type of musical composition that is characterized by its recurring theme and structure.
- Hazel Symphonia: Symphonia is a Latin word that means “harmony” or “agreement,” and it is often used to refer to a musical composition that features multiple instruments playing together.
- Hazel Viola: Viola is a musical instrument that is similar to the violin, but it is slightly larger and has a deeper, richer sound. It is often used in orchestras and chamber music ensembles.
Whimsical-Themed Middle Names to Go with Hazel
A whimsical-themed middle name for Hazel can add a touch of personality and creativity to her name, making it more unique and memorable.
- Hazel Bluebell: Bluebells are a symbol of humility and gratitude.
- Hazel Fawn: Fawns represent gentleness and innocence.
- Hazel Meadow: Meadows evoke images of nature and tranquility.
- Hazel Sunflower: Sunflowers symbolize loyalty and longevity.
- Hazel Stardust: Stardust is often associated with magic and mystery.
- Hazel Rainbow: Rainbows signify hope and promise.
- Hazel Moonbeam: Moonbeams are seen as ethereal and otherworldly.
- Hazel Butterfly: Butterflies are a symbol of transformation and grace.
- Hazel Pixie: Pixies are often associated with mischief and playfulness.
- Hazel Unicorn: Unicorns are mythical creatures that represent purity and imagination.
- Hazel Dewdrop: Dewdrops are seen as small, delicate, and fresh, representing new beginnings and renewal.
- Hazel Lavender: Lavender symbolizes grace, elegance, and calmness, and also has healing properties.
- Hazel Bumblebee: Bumblebees are known for their hard work and productivity, representing diligence and determination.
- Hazel Cherry Blossom: Cherry blossoms symbolize beauty, new beginnings, and the fleeting nature of life.
- Hazel Snapdragon: Snapdragons represent strength and grace, and also symbolize graciousness and a positive outlook on life.
- Hazel Dandelion: Dandelions are often seen as a symbol of perseverance, as they continue to thrive in difficult conditions.
- Hazel Mermaid: Mermaids are mythical creatures that represent freedom and independence, as well as a connection to the sea.
- Hazel Ocean: The ocean represents vastness and the unknown, as well as a sense of freedom and peace.
- Hazel Starlight: Starlight symbolizes hope, guidance, and inspiration, as well as a sense of wonder and magic.
- Hazel Twinkle: Twinkle evokes the image of sparkling light, representing joy, happiness, and a sense of wonder.
Other Cute Middle Names for Hazel
- Hazel Abigail
- Hazel Annabelle
- Hazel Alexandria
- Hazel Adeline
- Hazel Anastasia
- Hazel Adelaide
- Hazel Arielle
- Hazel Aria
- Hazel Athena
- Hazel Amelia
- Hazel Aurora
- Hazel Alice
- Hazel Alana
- Hazel Annalise
- Hazel Arabella
- Hazel Autumn
- Hazel Adrienne
- Hazel Addison
- Hazel Alexandria
- Hazel Annette
- Hazel Violet
- Hazel Ruby
- Hazel Jade
- Hazel Sapphire
- Hazel Amber
- Hazel Coral
- Hazel Indigo
- Hazel Olive
- Hazel Rose
- Hazel Lavender
- Hazel Cerulean
- Hazel Marigold
- Hazel Crimson
- Hazel Turquoise
- Hazel Mahogany
- Hazel Periwinkle
- Hazel Sienna
- Hazel Lilac
- Hazel Mauve
One great thing about middle names for Hazel is that they can be as unique or traditional as you want. As mentioned earlier, you can choose a middle name that honors a family member or choose one that has a special meaning to you. Whatever you choose, make sure it’s a name that you and your child will love for years to come.