Middle names are a crucial part of one’s identity. They often have a sentimental value that reflects one’s cultural or family background. When it comes to choosing a middle name for Ruby, there are many options to consider.
Origin of the Name Ruby
The name Ruby is believed to have originated from the Latin word “ruber,” which means “red.” This is because the gemstone ruby is typically a rich, deep red color.
In addition to its Latin roots, the name Ruby also has a connection to the Old French word “rubi,” which means “red.” The French language was widely used in England during the Middle Ages, and it’s possible that this is how the name Ruby became popular in English-speaking countries.
The Popularity of the Name Ruby
The name Ruby has been a consistently popular name over the years, both in the United States and other parts of the world. In fact, it is a classic name that has been around for over a century and continues to be a favorite choice among parents.
According to recent data, Ruby was ranked as the 62nd most popular name for girls in the United States in 2021. This indicates that it is still a popular choice, although it may not be as common as some other names.
200 Precious Middle Names for Ruby
Biblical Middle Names For Ruby
Biblical names are often chosen as middle names due to their timeless and meaningful nature. Using a biblical middle name for Ruby can be seen as a way to honor one’s faith and heritage while giving their child a name with deep historical roots.
- Ruby Abiah: Abiah means “my father is Yahweh” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Abigail: Abigail means “my father’s joy” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Adriel: Adriel means “flock of God” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Ariel: Ariel means “lion of God” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Bethany: Bethany means “house of figs” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Chloe: Chloe means “blooming” or “green shoot” in Greek.
- Ruby Delilah: Delilah means “delicate” or “weak” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Elizabeth: Elizabeth means “God is my oath” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Esther: Esther means “star” in Persian.
- Ruby Grace: Grace means “God’s favor” in Latin.
- Ruby Hannah: Hannah means “favor” or “grace” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Jael: Jael means “mountain goat” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Jemima: Jemima means “dove” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Joanna: Joanna means “God is gracious” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Judith: Judith means “woman of Judea” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Leah: Leah means “weary” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Lois: Lois means “superior” in Greek.
- Ruby Lydia: Lydia means “from Lydia” in Greek.
- Ruby Magdalene: Magdalene means “of Magdala” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Martha: Martha means “lady” or “mistress” in Aramaic.
- Ruby Abijah: Abijah means “my Father is Yahweh” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Azriel: Azriel means “help of God” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Ephraim: Ephraim means “fruitful” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Gideon: Gideon means “mighty warrior” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Hosanna: Hosanna means “save us now” in Hebrew.
Futuristic Middle Names for Ruby
Futuristic middle names can add a touch of uniqueness and individuality to a person’s identity. They may serve as a nod to the current age of technological advancements and the endless possibilities that lie ahead.
- Ruby Solaris: Solaris means “of the sun” in Latin.
- Ruby Zenith: Zenith refers to the highest point or culmination.
- Ruby Cygnus: Cygnus is the Latin word for “swan.”
- Ruby Eclipse: Eclipse means “a blocking out.”
- Ruby Vega: Vega is a star in the constellation Lyra, and means “falling” in Arabic.
- Ruby Electra: Electra is the name of a star in the Pleiades cluster and is also a Greek mythological character.
- Ruby Helios: Helios is the Greek god of the sun.
- Ruby Nova: Nova means “new” in Latin.
- Ruby Andromeda: Andromeda is a constellation named after a mythological princess.
- Ruby Orion: Orion is a prominent constellation named after a Greek mythological hunter.
- Ruby Lyra: Lyra is a constellation named after a musical instrument.
- Ruby Astra: Astra means “star” in Latin.
- Ruby Serenity: Serenity means “peaceful.”
- Ruby Celeste: Celeste means “heavenly” in Italian.
- Ruby Phoenix: The Phoenix is a mythological bird that symbolizes rebirth and renewal.
- Ruby Cosmos: Cosmos refers to the universe as a whole.
- Ruby Cyberspace: Cyberspace refers to the digital world.
- Ruby Infinity: Infinity refers to the concept of limitless space or time,
- Ruby Solstice: Solstice refers to the longest and shortest days of the year and could suggest a connection to nature and the cycles of the earth.
- Ruby Lumina: Lumina means “light” in Latin.
- Ruby Spectra: Spectra refers to a range of colors,
- Ruby Velocity: Velocity refers to speed and motion.
- Ruby Odyssey: Odyssey refers to a long and eventful journey.
- Ruby Quantum: Quantum refers to the smallest unit of energy.
Middle Names for Ruby Inspired by Popular Culture
Using middle names inspired by popular culture can add a personal touch to a person’s identity. Incorporating elements from popular culture can also create a sense of community and shared experiences among individuals with similar interests.
- Ruby Hermione: Hermione is a Greek name that means “messenger” or “earthly”.
- Ruby Arya: Arya means “noble” or “honorable” in Sanskrit.
- Ruby Sansa: Sansa is a variant of the name Sanson, meaning “sun” or “bright”.
- Ruby Daenerys: Daenerys is a name created by the author of the “Game of Thrones” series, meaning “born of the storm”.
- Ruby Katniss: Katniss is the name of the heroine in the “Hunger Games” series, meaning “arrowhead”.
- Ruby Trinity: Trinity means “threefold” or “three in one”.
- Ruby Juniper: Juniper is a tree with berries used for flavoring and making gin.
- Ruby Lyra: Lyra is a constellation and the name of the protagonist in the book “The Golden Compass”.
- Ruby Darcy: Darcy is a character from Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice” and means “dark one.”
- Ruby Luna: Luna means “moon” in Spanish and is the name of a character in the “Harry Potter” series.
- Ruby Serenity: Serenity means “calmness” or “peacefulness”.
- Ruby Anastasia: Anastasia means “resurrection” or “rebirth” in Greek.
- Ruby Ariel: Ariel means “lion of God” in Hebrew and is the name of the protagonist in “The Little Mermaid”.
- Ruby Elvira: Elvira means “truth” or “white” in Spanish.
- Ruby Inara: Inara is a name from Arabic mythology meaning “heavenly light”.
- Ruby Calliope: Calliope is the muse of epic poetry and means “beautiful-voiced” in Greek.
- Ruby Phoenix: Phoenix is a mythical bird that symbolizes rebirth and renewal.
- Ruby Aurora: Aurora means “dawn” in Latin and is the name of the goddess of the dawn in Roman mythology.
- Ruby Ophelia: Ophelia is a name from Shakespeare’s “Hamlet” and means “help” in Greek.
- Ruby Persephone: Persephone is the goddess of the underworld and spring growth, and means “she who destroys the light” in Greek.
- Ruby Zelda: Zelda is a name from the popular video game franchise and means “blessed” or “happy” in Yiddish.
- Ruby Galadriel: Galadriel is a character in the “Lord of the Rings” series and means “maiden crowned with a radiant garland” in Sindarin.
- Ruby Eowyn: Eowyn is another character from the “Lord of the Rings” series and means “horse joy” in Old English.
- Ruby Khaleesi: Khaleesi is a title given to the wife of a ruler in the “Game of Thrones” series and means “queen” in Dothraki.
- Ruby Nebula: Nebula is a cosmic term and means “cloud” or “mist” in Latin.
Middle Names for Ruby with Double Letters
Using middle names with double letters, such as Anabelle, is a matter of personal preference and style. Double letters can add a touch of uniqueness and distinctiveness to a name, making it stand out from the crowd.
- Ruby Annabelle: Annabelle means “loving” and “gracious”.
- Ruby Isabelle: Isabelle means “devoted to God”.
- Ruby Gabrielle: Gabrielle means “God is my strength”.
- Ruby Estelle: Estelle means “star” in French.
- Ruby Camille: Camille means “young ceremonial attendant” in French.
- Ruby Adelle: Adelle means “noble” and “kind”.
- Ruby Janelle: Janelle means “God is gracious”.
- Ruby Colette: Colette means “victory of the people”.
- Ruby Brielle: Brielle means “God is my strength”.
- Ruby Giselle: Giselle means “pledge” or “hostage” in German.
- Ruby Noelle: Noelle means “Christmas” in French.
- Ruby Marielle: Marielle means “bitter” and “graceful”.
- Ruby Michelle: Michelle means “who is like God”.
- Ruby Danielle: Danielle means “God is my judge”.
- Ruby Rachelle: Rachelle means “little lamb”.
- Ruby Estrella: Estrella means “star” in Spanish.
- Ruby Marcelle: Marcelle means “young warrior” in French.
- Ruby Jazelle: Jazelle means “God is gracious”.
- Ruby Antonelle: Antonelle means “priceless” or “invaluable”.
- Ruby Carmelle: Carmelle means “garden” or “orchard”.
- Ruby Colettette: Colettette is a variant of Colette and means “people’s victory” in French.
- Ruby Rosette: Rosette is a diminutive of Rose and means “little rose” in French.
- Ruby Lissette: Lissette is a variant of Elizabeth and means “God’s promise” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Jessette: Jessette is a variant of Jessica and means “God beholds” in Hebrew.
- Ruby Odette: Odette is a French name meaning “wealthy” or “rich”.
Mythology-Inspired Middle Names for Ruby
Mythology-inspired middle names often carry a deep cultural and historical significance, which can add depth and meaning to a character or product.
- Ruby Athena: Athena is the Greek goddess of wisdom and warfare.
- Ruby Calypso: Calypso is a Greek nymph who kept Odysseus captive on her island for seven years.
- Ruby Electra: Electra is a Greek goddess associated with storms and lightning.
- Ruby Gaia: Gaia is the Greek goddess of the earth.
- Ruby Helios: Helios is the Greek god of the sun.
- Ruby Iris: Iris is the Greek goddess of the rainbow.
- Ruby Juno: Juno is the Roman goddess of marriage and childbirth.
- Ruby Leda: Leda is a Greek queen who was seduced by Zeus in the form of a swan.
- Ruby Medusa: Medusa is a Greek monster with snakes for hair whose gaze could turn people to stone.
- Ruby Narcissa: Narcissa is a Greek nymph who fell in love with her own reflection.
- Ruby Ophelia: Ophelia is a character in Shakespeare’s Hamlet who goes mad after her lover’s death.
- Ruby Persephone: Persephone is the Greek goddess of spring and queen of the underworld.
- Ruby Rhea: Rhea is the Greek goddess of fertility and motherhood.
- Ruby Selene: Selene is the Greek goddess of the moon.
- Ruby Thalia: Thalia is the Greek muse of comedy and poetry.
- Ruby Theia: Theia is the Greek goddess of sight and heavenly light.
- Ruby Titania: Titania is the queen of the fairies in Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- Ruby Urania: Urania is the Greek muse of astronomy and astrology.
- Ruby Venusia: Venusia is a Latin name for the Roman goddess of love and beauty, Venus.
- Ruby Xanthe: Xanthe is a Greek name meaning “yellow” or “blonde,” and is associated with the sun.
- Ruby Andromeda: Andromeda is a Greek mythological princess who was saved from a sea monster by the hero Perseus.
- Ruby Circe: Circe is a Greek sorceress who turned Odysseus’ men into animals.
- Ruby Eurydice: Eurydice is a Greek mythological character who was the wife of Orpheus.
- Ruby Hecate: Hecate is a Greek goddess associated with witchcraft, magic, and crossroads.
- Ruby Nyx: Nyx is the Greek goddess of the night. The name means “night” in Greek.
Gemstone-Themed Middle Names for Ruby
The name Ruby is associated with passion, love, and energy, and a gemstone-themed middle name can amplify these traits. Gemstones have symbolic meanings that can represent a child’s personality or traits that parents hope their child will possess.
- Ruby Aventurine: Aventurine is a stone of opportunity.
- Ruby Citrine: Citrine is a stone of abundance and manifestation.
- Ruby Coral: Coral is a stone of protection and healing.
- Ruby Diamond: Diamond is a stone of strength and purity.
- Ruby Emerald: Emerald is a stone of love and wisdom.
- Ruby Garnet: Garnet is a stone of passion and creativity.
- Ruby Jade: Jade is a stone of luck and longevity.
- Ruby Jasper: Jasper is a stone of grounding and stability.
- Ruby Lapis: Lapis is a stone of truth and awareness.
- Ruby Moonstone: Moonstone is a stone of femininity and intuition.
- Ruby Onyx: Onyx is a stone of protection and strength.
- Ruby Opal: Opal is a stone of creativity and inspiration.
- Ruby Pearl: Pearl is a stone of purity and innocence.
- Ruby Peridot: Peridot is a stone of growth and transformation.
- Ruby Quartz: Quartz is a stone of clarity and harmony.
- Ruby Sapphire: Sapphire is a stone of wisdom and truth.
- Ruby Topaz: Topaz is a stone of confidence and success.
- Ruby Tourmaline: Tourmaline is a stone of balance and protection.
- Ruby Turquoise: Turquoise is a stone of communication and self-expression.
- Ruby Amethyst: Amethyst is a stone of spirituality and intuition.
- Ruby Celestite: Celestite is a stone of peace and harmony.
- Ruby Larimar: Larimar is a stone of healing and communication.
- Ruby Aquamarine: Aquamarine is a stone of courage and clarity.
- Ruby Citrine Quartz: Citrine Quartz is a stone of abundance and manifestation.
- Ruby Pyrite: Pyrite is a stone of action and vitality.
Other Precious Middle Names for Ruby
- Ruby Eliana
- Ruby Camilla
- Ruby Seraphina
- Ruby Lucinda
- Ruby Marcella
- Ruby Juliana
- Ruby Celestina
- Ruby Emilia
- Ruby Natalia
- Ruby Anneliese
- Ruby Ophelia
- Ruby Mariana
- Ruby Felicity
- Ruby Aurelia
- Ruby Adelina
- Ruby Isadora
- Ruby Valentina
- Ruby Gabriella
- Ruby Antonella
- Ruby Evangeline
- Ruby Delilah
- Ruby Eloisa
- Ruby Marlena
- Ruby Lavinia
- Ruby Odelia
- Ruby Mae
- Ruby Joy
- Ruby Claire
- Ruby Lynn
- Ruby June
- Ruby Grace
- Ruby Faith
- Ruby Hope
- Ruby Sage
- Ruby Pearl
- Ruby Fern
- Ruby Fawn
- Ruby Rose
- Ruby Skye
- Ruby Star
- Ruby Storm
- Ruby Wren
- Ruby Belle
- Ruby Bliss
- Ruby Bree
- Ruby Dawn
- Ruby Faye
- Ruby Jayne
- Ruby Gail
- Ruby Blake
When deciding on a middle name for Ruby, remember that what matters most is that you choose one that you and your child will love. Take your time, explore your options, and trust your instincts. With patience and creativity, you’re sure to find a precious middle name for Ruby.