Babies are cute little things, and the world could use a bit more of that positivity going around. Cute babies beget cute pics, and where they end up depends on the family. Some people stick them in old heirloom photobooks as private memories. Others might prefer posting them on social media, creating digital copies, and spreading a bit of joy around in the process.
Pictures always have something they want to say, and finding the right caption to deliver that can be a bit challenging. It’s important to find a caption to suit what you’ve got in mind, but fortunately, there are a lot of themes to pick from – common categories include loving, poetic, newborn, funny, and cute. We’ve got plenty of starter choices below, but you might pick up a knack for making your own captions with practice.
Good picture captioning is a learned skill, but why bother even learning it? The image should speak for itself, yes, but there’s so much more you can do to enhance it. Using baby captions for Instagram goes a long way towards giving the image its own identity.
Why Are Captions So Important?
Captions establish both context and tone. The National Press Photographer’s Association funded a study that established the importance of captions in images. The research discovered that most captions are read to completion, and viewers tend to flit between the image and caption to establish context. It’s not the time waste most people assume it to be.
Captions are what distinguish your story from stock photos. It’s one of the few ways you can communicate directly with people checking your image feed and helps establish a crucial personal context that elevates the image.
105 Baby Captions for Instagram
- Mind the mess: memories are being made.
- My glimmer of sunshine.
- You are my definition of perfection.
- A smile as bright as stardust, right here.
- I’ve always wanted a baby!
- Love at first sight.
- Happiness is your baby’s toothless smile.
- Beautiful eyes.
- You heard Mama’s voice.
- 9 months for the love of a lifetime.
- Play, laugh, grow, discover, love.
- Happy children seem to glow.
- S(he)’s a keeper.
- Babies are like little suns that magically bring warmth, happiness, and light in our lives.
- Cozy, in loving arms.
- God knew I needed you.
- You are my world, my rock, and everything in between.
- Little things make for big days.
- All I need to turn my world.
- The story behind these eyes.
- Little one, you are loved more than you’ll ever know.
- I choose you, every day.
- We’ve prayed for a miracle. His name is (x).
- You have me, you have everything.
- The first step is making all the sweet memories, child.
- I dreamed a little dream of you.
- So much joy in this small body.
- Dream big, little one.
- “I hope you never lose your sense of wonder.” — Lee Ann Womack, “I Hope You Dance”
- Fearfully and wonderfully made.
- Babies are bits of heaven sent down to us.
- Sometimes, the smallest things in life take up the most space.
- Little angel, you’ll grow into these wings.
- Remember who you are. — Mufasa, The Lion King
- A baby’s smile teaches us to be happy without reason.
- Thank you for the young hopes.
- Remember who you are.
- Restless joy awaits the both of us.
- Grow happy, not old. That is all I hope for.
- A special little miracle found its way home.
- “Children bring us a piece of heaven on earth.” – Roland Leonhardt
- Babies are born to be loved. Fortunately, they never outgrow this.
- Be you, do you, for you, no matter what.
- New life, who dis?
- Welcome to the world of tomorrow.
- Tiny little thing. You’ll fit perfectly.
- You’ll grow into the world, I promise.
- Proud to be your (mother/father).
- Bundled perfection right here.
- May the world be just as kind as it made us.
- My beautiful child.
- Let me lead you through this world, one step at a time.
- My favorite day is today. After that, every day.
- We’ll take you to better days, far as the eye can see.
- ‘Till tomorrow, my love.
- Time to discover the great new world. Glad to tag along.
- Destined for cuteness.
- It’s bright, I’m cold, I want to yell again.
- Welcome to the family, son. – Jack Baker, RE7
- Things are a bit new here. Update you soon.
- A lot for me to explore here.
- I’m only getting started…
- What do you mean we’re out of milk?
- Today I learned veggies don’t go up my nose.
- Mistakes were made. Not my problem.
- No crying over spilled milk if it isn’t yours.
- Never enough diapers.
- Crayons: art tool or improvised snack?
- Almost fell downstairs… guess which one of us?
- I really hope that’s chocolate in his mouth.
- Powered by milk, hugs, sun, and annoying other people.
- Let the days and diapers pile on.
- Don’t judge a book by its cover – this one made a mess.
- Life for them, survival for me.
- 24/7 shift for the next 10 years. No takebacks.
- Every baby comes out photogenic, I swear.
- Last name ‘Ever’, first name ‘Cutest’.
- When you cry, I cry. So please don’t.
- Sleep is a memory at this point.
- You mean to tell me that the fate of the universe, is placed in the hands of these children? – Zordon, Power Rangers
- The best outfit is breakfast. Or whatever meal is on hand. Was on hand.
- This is my child. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
- People who sleep like babies usually don’t have one.
- “Families with babies and families without babies are sorry for each other.” – E. W. Howe.
- I have a waking schedule now. Sleep optional.
- Rest is for the weak. I’m weak – help me.
- Raising a child takes a village. Good luck to the two of us!
- The best is yet to come.
- I was born to stand out. We never agreed on how.
- Smile big, laugh often… maybe this one’s a bit guiltier than most.
- Home is where the food is – my shirt.
- Mistakes will be made.
- So cute!
- I’m cute or whatever.
- Can’t say no to that face.
- Like a doll, if dolls needed their diapers changed.
- Solid starlight in a smile.
- A door. Able.
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” – Milton Berle
- Adorable little things, aren’t they?
- Bright enough to dazzle.
- Speckled sunlight in those eyes.
- Woke up like this.
- You should see my (mom/dad).
- Stop, stare, and smile.
Making Your Own Baby’s Picture Captions
The examples above make for a decent enough springboard, but learning to caption your photos helps add that personal touch. It’s your child, and it’d be best to use your own words eventually. If you’re looking for some inspiration, there are many baby shower captions for Instagram to help get you started.
Saying what you mean can never steer you wrong. There aren’t any bad baby captions for Instagram – cheesy ones, maybe, but nothing that’ll get you called out or anything.
What do you have to say about your beautiful child? Just think about that for a moment: something as simple and heartfelt as “I love you.” or “I’m glad you’re a part of my life.” already goes a long way. Few things can improve on honest love.
It’s not a competition here. No need to overthink something provocative or avant-garde. These captions are safe options for general use, but feel free to paraphrase them to something more suited for your thoughts. There are no wrong captions so long as they’re all made with love in mind, and you’ll get better at Instagram baby captions after some time and practice.
Captions enhance pictures, providing context and color to the image. How they do so depend on the type of caption used, and the list above can help nudge you towards what you’d like to say. Just speak your mind once you find the words to do so. There are no wrong answers, so express your fondness and joy as you’d like.