Parenting is one of the most high-pressure, demanding jobs anyone can undertake. Not only are you responsible for the physical health and well-being of another human being, but you are also given the duty of nurturing their passions and guiding them emotionally, spiritually, and mentally to give them the best possible start in life.
One of the most important jobs a parent has is to make their children feel safe and loved. The most memorable quotes about unconditional love are heartfelt ones that put into words the love a parent feels for their children.
The relationship between a parent and a child is one of the most special, unique bonds that 2 people can share. You’ve probably heard a parent tell you “My kids are my life”, or you’ve said it yourself as a parent. Here are a few quotes that you can share with your child just to show them how much you love them.
Famous Quotes About a Parent’s Unconditional Love
- “Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever.” – J.K. Rowling
- “No mother is ever, completely, a child’s idea of what a mother should be, and I suppose it works the other way around as well. But despite everything, we didn’t do too badly by one another, we did as well as most.” – Margaret Atwood
- “I love you in the morning and in the afternoon. I love you in the evening and underneath the moon.” – Skidamarink
- “A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided.” -Robert Brault
- “Before I had my child, I thought I knew all the boundaries of myself, that I understood the limits of my heart. It’s extraordinary to have all those limits thrown out, to realize your love is inexhaustible.” – Uma Thurman
- “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.” – Mitch Albom
- “As soon as I saw you I knew a grand adventure was about to happen” – Winnie the Pooh
- “I’ll love you forever / I’ll like you for always / As long as I’m living / My baby you’ll be.” – Robert Munsch
- “A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.” – Helen Rice
- “I was born to love you with every single beat of my heart. Yes, I was born to take care of you every single day of my life.” – Freddie Mercury
What To Do With Love Quotes
Now that you have a few inspiring love quotes, it’s time to put them to good use. Use them to show your kids that they are your life. You can find ways to share them with your children to give them a little extra love, keep them to yourself to use as a mental refresher and energizer, or use them to add a little something to your photos and memorabilia.
Put Them in a Note
One way to use quotes is to add them to letters and notes. Giving your child a note is a simple, yet tangible symbol of love that they can hold on to for years to come. Here are a few ideas for things you can put in a note for your kids.
- Tell Them How Much You Love Them
“I love you” is one of the most important things children need to hear from their parents. Feel free to write as many or as few words as you want. A short letter with a few lines is just as good as a lengthy one.
Writing a quick quote or a one-liner on a post-it note and slipping it in your child’s lunch box is a simple gesture that is sure to bring a smile to your child’s face.
- Things You Are Proud of Them For
Everyone wants to hear their parents telling them that they take pride in their accomplishments. Let your child know how proud you are of them for getting good marks in school or working hard in their sports team.
You’ll also want to acknowledge and offer praise when you notice things in your child’s behavior. Tell them how happy it made you feel to see them play nicely with their siblings or awesome it is that they’ve been making new friends at school.
- Words of Encouragement and Support
Maybe your child has just started a new school, has a big test coming up, or is trying out for a new sports team. A note from you can act as a good luck charm that your child can keep by their side and look at whenever they need a bit of reassurance.
Having a parent’s emotional support is one of the most important things a child can have, especially as they grow up. Letting your child know that they can always rely on you for support and blessing helps give them the confidence and strength to become successful in their different endeavors.
- Your Hopes and Dreams for Them
Every parent has their hopes for their child’s future. It does well to let your children know that you believe in them and have hopes and dreams for their future.
Try not to say things like “I hope you become a doctor/scientist/lawyer/etc.” that pressure your child and send the wrong message. Instead, focus on things that you see in your child now. Tell them about your hopes for their happiness and well-being, that you hope they continue to be kind and caring people, and that you hope their dreams and ambitions come true.
Aside from the conventional pen and paper note that you slip in your child’s backpack before school, some more creative ways to send notes to your child include starting a communication journal that you and your child can send each other notes in, writing notes on a mirror with a dry-erase marker for them to see in the morning, and creating a “note jar” that your child can pick a note to read from whenever they want.
Read Them To Your Child
The simplest way to share a quote with your child is just to read it to them. You can make it a part of your bedtime or morning routine to read a quote to your child and if they’re old enough, have them share some of their own with you.
Use Them as Personal Affirmations
On days when you feel a bit drained and a little pick-me-up, a quote can remind you of the joys that being a parent brings. Repeat your quote of choice a few times and write it down to keep with you for whenever you need it. While a quote isn’t likely to change how crazy or rambunctious your kid is, it may give you the emotional and mental energy to keep up with them.
Use Them as Photo Captions
Quotes often make great captions for photos. Use them to caption your photo albums, scrapbooks, and Instagram posts as a way to “my kids are my life”. Adding a quote is an easy and memorable way to complete your photos and gives them a more sweet, sentimental feel.