When selecting a middle name for your child, it is essential to think of names that sound not only good together but also carry significant meaning. If you want something with a regal and majestic vibe, Theodore will make an excellent option.
Theodore has been a beloved name for centuries. It embodies strength, intelligence, and dignity – perfect when combined with the right middle name! To celebrate this timeless classic, we’ve compiled an array of the top majestic middle names for Theodore that are sure to leave an everlasting impression.
No matter your taste in names, this list has something for everyone. Take your time to consider each name’s meaning and how it flows with Theodore; trust your instincts and select the option that feels most fitting for your little prince. With the ideal middle name, your child will command respect and admiration that will last a lifetime.
Origin of the Name Theodore
The name Theodore is derived from the Greek words “theos,” meaning “God,” and “doron,” meaning “gift.” Together, it translates to “the gift of God,” so it was a common name given to boys who were believed to have been favored by the gods in ancient Greece.
The Popularity of the Name Theodore
Because of its meaning, the name Theodore has been a popular name among Christian communities for centuries. There are also several saints and popes throughout history that share the same name. Perhaps the most famous of all is Theodore Roosevelt – the 26th President of the United States of America.
In recent decades, there has been a resurgence of interest in classic names like Theodore. With many parents around the world drawn to its strong sound and rich history, its popularity is expected to grow even more in the coming years.
250 Majestic Middle Names for Theodore
Greek Middle Names to Go With Theodore
Because Theodore has a Greek origin, combining it with a Greek middle name will naturally create a beautiful and unique combination that will surely make your little one stand out from the rest of his peers. It will also add depth and character to your child’s name.
- Theodore Andreas: Andreas means “manly” or “warrior” and is a popular name in Greece.
- Theodore Christos: Christos means “anointed one” and is a common Greek name.
- Theodore Demetrios: Demetrios means “follower of Demeter” and is a strong, classic Greek name.
- Theodore Dimitrios: Dimitrios means “earth-lover” and is a popular Greek name.
- Theodore Elias: Elias means “my God is Yahweh” and is a classic Greek name that is also popular in other countries.
- Theodore Emmanouil: Emmanouil means “God is with us” and is a traditional Greek name.
- Theodore Georgios: Georgios means “farmer” and is a popular Greek name.
- Theodore Ioannis: Ioannis means “God is gracious” and is a common Greek name.
- Theodore Kostas: Kostas means “constant” or “steadfast” and is a popular Greek name.
- Theodore Kyriakos: Kyriakos means “belonging to the Lord” and is a strong Greek name.
- Theodore Lambros: Lambros means “light” or “bright” and is a classic Greek name.
- Theodore Lefteris: Lefteris means “liberator” and is a strong, unique Greek name.
- Theodore Manolis: Manolis means “eternal” or “everlasting” and is a traditional Greek name.
- Theodore Michalis: Michalis means “who is like God” and is a popular Greek name.
- Theodore Nikitas: Nikitas means “victorious” and is a strong Greek name.
- Theodore Nikos: Nikos means “victory of the people” and is a classic Greek name.
- Theodore Panayiotis: Panayiotis means “all-holy” and is a strong, traditional Greek name.
- Theodore Pavlos: Pavlos means “small” or “humble” and is a popular Greek name.
- Theodore Petros: Petros means “rock” and is a classic Greek name.
- Theodore Spiros: Spiros means “spirit” and is a unique and meaningful Greek name.
- Theodore Stavros: Stavros means “cross” and is a strong, traditional Greek name.
- Theodore Thodoris: Thodoris means “gift of God” and is a popular Greek name.
- Theodore Vasilis: Vasilis means “king” and is a classic Greek name.
- Theodore Yiannis: Yiannis means “God is gracious” and is a strong, traditional Greek name.
- Theodore Yorgos: Yorgos means “farmer” and is a unique and meaningful Greek name.
Biblical Middle Names to Go With Theodore
If you are a religious person and want to give your child a name that honors your faith, you can pair the name Theodore with a middle name that carries the same spiritual weight. With that in mind, the list below may help you choose a majestic middle name for your child.
- Theodore Aaron: Meaning “mountain of strength,” Aaron was the older brother of Moses and the first high priest of Israel.
- Theodore Abner: Meaning “my father is a lamp,” Abner was a commander of Saul’s army and later became a loyal supporter of David.
- Theodore Amos: Meaning “burden-bearer,” Amos was a shepherd and prophet who spoke out against social injustice.
- Theodore Asher: Meaning “happy” or “blessed,” Asher was one of the twelve sons of Jacob.
- Theodore Benjamin: Meaning “son of the right hand,” Benjamin was the youngest son of Jacob and the founder of one of the twelve tribes of Israel.
- Theodore Caleb: Meaning “dog” or “faithful,” Caleb was one of the twelve spies sent to explore the land of Canaan and later became a leader of the Israelites.
- Theodore Daniel: Meaning “God is my judge,” Daniel was a prophet and adviser to several Babylonian kings.
- Theodore David: Meaning “beloved,” David was the second king of Israel and a symbol of strength and courage.
- Theodore Eli: Meaning “ascension” or “my God,” Eli was a high priest and mentor to Samuel.
- Theodore Ephraim: Meaning “fruitful,” Ephraim was one of the twelve sons of Jacob and the founder of one of the twelve tribes of Israel.
- Theodore Ezekiel: Meaning “God strengthens,” Ezekiel was a prophet who spoke out against sin and gave hope for the future restoration of Israel.
- Theodore Gabriel: Meaning “God is my strength,” Gabriel was an angel who announced the birth of Jesus to Mary and later appeared to Daniel to give him a vision.
- Theodore Gideon: Meaning “hewer” or “one who cuts down,” Gideon was a judge and military leader who defeated the Midianites with just 300 men.
- Theodore Isaac: Meaning “he laughs,” Isaac was the son of Abraham and Sarah and the father of Jacob and Esau.
- Theodore Jacob: Meaning “supplanter” or “holder of the heel,” Jacob was the son of Isaac and the father of the twelve tribes of Israel.
- Theodore James: Meaning “supplanter” or “holder of the heel,” James was one of Jesus’ twelve disciples and the author of the book of James in the New Testament.
- Theodore Jeremiah: Meaning “appointed by God,” Jeremiah was a prophet who spoke out against the sins of Judah and warned of the coming Babylonian invasion.
- Theodore Joel: Meaning “Yahweh is God,” Joel was a prophet who spoke of a future day of judgment and a pouring out of the Holy Spirit.
- Theodore John: Meaning “God is gracious,” John was one of Jesus’ twelve disciples and the author of several books in the New Testament.
- Theodore Jonathan: Meaning “Yahweh has given,” Jonathan was the son of King Saul and a loyal friend to David.
- Theodore Joseph: Meaning “God will increase,” Joseph was the son of Jacob and the father of Ephraim and Manasseh.
- Theodore Joshua: Meaning “Yahweh is salvation,” Joshua was a military leader who succeeded Moses and led the Israelites into the Promised Land.
- Theodore Levi: Meaning “joined” or “attached,” Levi was one of the twelve sons of Jacob and the founder of the tribe of Levi.
- Theodore Nathaniel: Meaning “God has given,” Nathaniel was one of Jesus’ twelve disciples and was known for his honesty and sincerity.
- Theodore Samuel: Samuel means “asked of God” and is a name with a strong biblical heritage.
Classic Middle Names for Theodore
Choosing a middle name for your child can be a challenging task, but going with a classic name is always a safe bet. Classic names have stood the test of time and remain popular across generations, making them a timeless choice for any child.
- Theodore Albert
- Theodore Alexander
- Theodore Arthur
- Theodore Benjamin
- Theodore Charles
- Theodore Edward
- Theodore Francis
- Theodore George
- Theodore Henry
- Theodore Joseph
- Theodore Lawrence
- Theodore Michael
- Theodore Nicholas
- Theodore Patrick
- Theodore Paul
- Theodore Peter
- Theodore Richard
- Theodore Robert
- Theodore Samuel
- Theodore Simon
- Theodore Thomas
- Theodore Victor
- Theodore Vincent
- Theodore Walter
- Theodore William
Modern Middle Names for Theodore
Theodore is a classic name that has stood the test of time, and pairing it with a modern middle name is an excellent way to give your child a unique yet contemporary identity.
Modern middle names are typically inspired by pop culture or a desire for something fresh and new, so if you are a big fan of current trends these days, then this list could be just what you need for your little one.
- Theodore Ashton
- Theodore Beckett
- Theodore Camden
- Theodore Carson
- Theodore Chad
- Theodore Clarke
- Theodore Dawson
- Theodore Easton
- Theodore Flynn
- Theodore Greyson
- Theodore Hayes
- Theodore Hudson
- Theodore Jaxon
- Theodore Knox
- Theodore Lincoln
- Theodore Maddox
- Theodore Maverick
- Theodore Monroe
- Theodore Nolan
- Theodore Parker
- Theodore Phoenix
- Theodore Sawyer
- Theodore Tucker
- Theodore Wesley
- Theodore Wilder
One-syllable Middle Names That Sound Great With Theodore
One-syllable middle names can add a punchy and striking element to the classic name Theodore. These names may be brief, but they will bring a sharp and refined feel to your child’s full name.
- Theodore Ace
- Theodore Blake
- Theodore Brooks
- Theodore Burke
- Theodore Cash
- Theodore Chase
- Theodore Clark
- Theodore Cole
- Theodore Craig
- Theodore Cruz
- Theodore Dale
- Theodore Dean
- Theodore Drake
- Theodore Drew
- Theodore Finn
- Theodore Ford
- Theodore Fox
- Theodore Grant
- Theodore Hayes
- Theodore Jack
- Theodore James
- Theodore Jett
- Theodore Jude
- Theodore Kai
- Theodore Kent
Movie-Inspired Middle Names for Theodore
You can add some beauty and flair to your little one’s name by pairing Theodore with a movie-inspired middle name. Whether you’re a movie buff or just want to incorporate a pop culture reference into your child’s name, there are several options for you to consider on this list.
- Theodore Morpheus (from “The Matrix”)
- Theodore Rocky (from “Rocky”)
- Theodore Atticus (from “To Kill a Mockingbird”)
- Theodore Ethan (from “Mission: Impossible”)
- Theodore Forrest (from “Forrest Gump”)
- Theodore Han (from “Star Wars”)
- Theodore Maximus (from “Gladiator”)
- Theodore Neo (from “The Matrix”)
- Theodore Oskar (from “Schindler’s List”)
- Theodore Rhett (from “Gone with the Wind”)
- Theodore Sam (from “The Lord of the Rings”)
- Theodore Luke (from “Star Wars”)
- Theodore Zorro (from “The Mask of Zorro”)
- Theodore Remy (from “Ratatouille”)
- Theodore Vito (from “The Godfather”)
- Theodore Aladdin (from “Aladdin”)
- Theodore Blade (from “Blade Runner”)
- Theodore Marlon (from “The Godfather”)
- Theodore Maverick (from “Top Gun”)
- Theodore Harry (from “Harry Potter”)
- Theodore Axel (from “Beverly Hills Cop”)
- Theodore Ripley (from “Alien”)
- Theodore Cooper (from “Interstellar”)
- Theodore Deckard (from “Blade Runner”)
- Theodore Brody (from “Jaws”)
Middle Names for Theodore Starting with the Letter “B”
Finding a contemporary middle name to match Theodore’s unique charm can be tricky, but those that begin with “B” are an excellent place to start.
- Theodore Barrett
- Theodore Benson
- Theodore Benton
- Theodore Bishop
- Theodore Blaine
- Theodore Bruce
- Theodore Bryce
- Theodore Bryson
- Theodore Baylor
- Theodore Beckett
- Theodore Berkley
- Theodore Bernard
- Theodore Blair
- Theodore Bodhi
- Theodore Bowie
- Theodore Boyd
- Theodore Braden
- Theodore Bradley
- Theodore Brady
- Theodore Bram
- Theodore Brandt
- Theodore Bray
- Theodore Brennan
- Theodore Brent
- Theodore Brighton
Middle Names for Theodore Starting with the Letter “M”
When selecting a middle name for Theodore, those that begin with “M” can add an air of strength and masculinity. While there is an abundance of options to choose from, one that perfectly encapsulates Theodore’s charm and strength can be found through some creative thinking.
- Theodore Maverick
- Theodore Maximus
- Theodore Maddox
- Theodore Magnus
- Theodore Matteo
- Theodore Matthias
- Theodore Maurice
- Theodore Maximilian
- Theodore Miles
- Theodore Micah
- Theodore Monty
- Theodore Milo
- Theodore Moses
- Theodore Marshall
- Theodore Martin
- Theodore Morgan
- Theodore Monroe
- Theodore Murphy
- Theodore Manuel
- Theodore Marcel
- Theodore Merrick
- Theodore Marco
- Theodore Mordecai
- Theodore Miller
- Theodore Montgomery
Middle Names for Theodore Starting with the Letter “R”
If you’re searching for a middle name that perfectly captures Theodore’s charm and strength, names that start with the letter “R” should also be considered. Not only do these names have an appealing ring to them, but they also offer a wide range of options to choose from.
- Theodore Ray
- Theodore Reid
- Theodore Rhett
- Theodore Ridge
- Theodore Riley
- Theodore River
- Theodore Roarke
- Theodore Robin
- Theodore Rock
- Theodore Rodin
- Theodore Roger
- Theodore Roland
- Theodore Romeo
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Theodore Roscoe
- Theodore Roswell
- Theodore Roy
- Theodore Royce
- Theodore Rudolph
- Theodore Rupert
- Theodore Rusty
- Theodore Ryan
- Theodore Ryder
- Theodore Rain
- Theodore Reginald
Foreign Middle Names That Make Theodore Sound Better
If you’re looking for a really unique but significant middle name for Theodore, you should consider adding a foreign middle name. Not only will this offer your child’s name cultural value, but it will also set him apart from the rest of his future peers.
- Theodore Alonzo (Spanish) – Meaning “noble and ready.”
- Theodore Arvid (Swedish) – Meaning “eagle tree.”
- Theodore Beatrix (Dutch) – Meaning “she who brings happiness.”
- Theodore Calixte (French) – Meaning “most beautiful.”
- Theodore Casimir (Polish) – Meaning “famous destroyer.”
- Theodore Celine (French) – Meaning “heavenly.”
- Theodore Eamon (Irish) – Meaning “wealthy protector.”
- Theodore Emilio (Italian) – Meaning “rival.”
- Theodore Fabian (Latin) – Meaning “bean grower.”
- Theodore Freya (Norse) – Meaning “noblewoman.”
- Theodore Gael (Irish) – Meaning “stranger.”
- Theodore Henrik (Danish) – Meaning “ruler of the home.”
- Theodore Ingrid (Swedish) – Meaning “hero’s daughter.”
- Theodore Jovani (Spanish) – Meaning “God is gracious.”
- Theodore Kaida (Japanese) – Meaning “little dragon.”
- Theodore Livia (Romanian) – Meaning “blue.”
- Theodore Matteo (Italian) – Meaning “gift of God.”
- Theodore Mireille (French) – Meaning “to admire.”
- Theodore Nikita (Russian) – Meaning “victorious people.”
- Theodore Orla (Irish) – Meaning “golden princess.”
- Theodore Rafaela (Spanish) – Meaning “God has healed”
- Theodore Soren (Danish) – Meaning “stern.”
- Theodore Vita (Latin) – Meaning “life.”
- Theodore Xanthe (Greek) – Meaning “yellow.”
- Theodore Yara (Arabic) – Meaning “small butterfly.”
Choosing a name that makes your child unique is an important part of being a parent. Therefore, you should take the time to consider the sound and meaning of each potential name before making a final decision.
It is very important to trust your intuition and choose a middle name that resonates with you the most. That way, you can be sure that your child’s name will be a source of pride and strength as he grows up to achieve his dreams.