Being a mother is hard work, and no matter how much effort you put into it there will be days it feels like a thankless task. Take some solace in your faith, because it’ll always be there for you.
Below are a few hopeful Bible verses perfectly suited for struggling moms. If any of our list’s entries grant you even a bit more strength to carry on your good work, it was worth all the effort.
There are a lot of hopeful bible verses struggling moms need to hear, and we’ve split them up into a few categories. There are verses present for one to find empowerment, soothing, and even celebration through their steadfast faith in the Lord.
A mother’s struggles are a difficult burden to bear, but one suffering from them should never be left alone. We have plenty of encouraging Bible verses to aid struggling mothers just doing their best.
Hopeful Bible Verses That Struggling Moms Need to Hear
Bible Verses to Empower Struggling Moms
Resolve is the foundation of motherhood, and every new day seeks to test their strength here – but mothers persevere regardless! That doesn’t mean to say mothers do so unscathed, however.
Some days, a mother might find themselves a little more tired or aching than they had been in the past. A lot of mothers still press on, believing they don’t have the luxury to stop or slow down. A mother doesn’t have to be strong all the time – they simply need to be strong when it counts! And so long as a mother keeps their faith, they will never be left to bear such burdens alone.
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7
- “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
- “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1
- “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13
- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
- “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” – Romans 8:28
- “Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you.” – Deuteronomy 3:22.
- “When I thought, “My foot slips,” Your steadfast love, O LORD, helped me up. When the cares of my heart are many, Your consolations cheer my soul.” – Psalm 94:18-19
- “The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.” – Psalm 23:1-3
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
- “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
Bible Verses to Soothe Struggling Moms
Peace is often scarce in a mother’s life. Mothers seek to teach, nurture, and protect their children until they grow into fine people – strong in both spirit and faith.
Combating all of the world’s evils is beyond human capabilities, though a mother’s love would still push most of them to try anyways. This is a desire born from care, but it can consume mothers from within.
One of the hardest things a mother has to do is entrust their children to God’s will. A mother may love and care for their children, but they must also retain enough of themselves for the child to love in kind. Have faith that your child is among the Lord’s cherished little lambs, and allow yourself to experience some well-earned peace.
- “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, for as members of one body you are called to peace. And be thankful.” – Colossians 3:15
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” – John 14:27
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16
- “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” – John 15:5
- “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.” – James 1:2-3
- “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9
- “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my savior; in him I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my life, and my stronghold.” – Psalm 18:2
- “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” – Psalm 46:10
- “Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous ones; And shout for joy, all you who are upright in heart.” – Psalm 32:11
- “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
- “For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.” – Zephaniah 3:17
Bible Verses to Help Struggling Moms Celebrate
Being a mother is a wonderous position. It might come with a few struggles along the way, but motherhood itself should never be viewed as a burden to bear.
Admittedly, this is easier said than done. Some problems simply pile on and on, leaving even the strongest, most resolute mothers overcome by exhaustion eventually. This can desensitize a person, leaving them to expect only horrible things to come – and disregard welcome news.
Being a mother is something worth cherishing, but a lot of women forget that in times of daunting tribulation. A little push, or perhaps a gentle reminder, might be just what they need to fall in love with their family role once more!
- “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” – 2 Corinthians 5:17
- “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:7
- “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” – Psalm 34:18
- “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!” – Philippians 4:4
- “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” – Galatians 6:9
- “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” – Isaiah 40:29
- “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.” – Psalm 84:11
- “The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song, I give thanks to him.” – Psalm 28:7
- “I will lift up my eyes to the hills— from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.” – Psalm 121:1-2
- “Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things again is no trouble to me, and it is a safeguard for you.” – Philippians 3:1
- “For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” – Isaiah 41:13
- “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” – Psalm 23:4
- “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” – Matthew 6:34
- “He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?” – Romans 8:32
Mothers have to be strong to carry all the love they have to bear for their children, and stronger still to endure the most daunting struggles of parenthood. A mother must be strong, but that doesn’t mean they have to be strong alone. We picked our Bible verses out to grant hope to struggling mothers, and sincerely wish it made their burdens even just a little more bearable.